What SciOR Does —
— providing authors with:
- a profile page for posting titles and abstracts of papers that authors wish to have peer reviewed;
- option to post original date-stamped, un-reviewed manuscripts in a permanent public SciOR Pre-Print Archive — to establish author priority / precedence for a novel idea/finding;
- opportunity to invite reviewers for their papers — including from a listing of other registered members — and to work together with reviewers to improve their papers;
- liaison for arranging any negotiated reviewer remuneration, to ensure that reviews are well executed and timely;
- posting of their revised, peer-reviewed papers (and their reviews), ready for perusal by journal editors;
- optional publication of their revised peer-reviewed papers — for a nominal author fee — in Proceedings of Science Open Reviewed.
— providing reviewers with:
- a profile page for advertising their reviewing services;
- a reputation economy, by publishing a record of previous reviewing service;
- a listing of posted papers available for reviewing, and author contact information for making an offer to review;
- liaison for arranging any negotiated remuneration for reviewing — as fair and motivating compensation for professional service;
- posting of their reviews linked to revised papers that are ready for perusal by journal editors;
- optional and free publication of their peer-reviewed reviewer commentary / response papers in Proceedings of Science Open Reviewed.
— providing editors with:
- a registry of author and reviewer profiles;
- direct access to revised peer-reviewed papers — together with posted reviews — for which offers can be made to authors for publication in the editors’ journals.